This is the documentation for the following WordPress themes: Nurmes, Sorsele, Nordkapp, Skagen
Table of contents
- Default Setup
- Homepage Setup
- Post & Page Templates
- Recommended Plugins
- Custom Menu
- Demo Import
(via WordPress Dashboard)
- Downloaded the theme package; e.g.
- Go to Appearance >Themes,
- click on “Add New” > and “Upload theme”,
- click on the ‘Browse’ button, find the
nurmes.zipfile on your computer and press ‘Install Now’,
- Activate theme,
- After the theme activation: go to Appearance > Install Plugins, and install and activate the Redux Framework plugin!
- Refresh the dashboard page and the Theme admin panel button will appear;
- Go to the Theme admin panel (theme options) and setup your theme.
You need to install/activate the required plugins. You can do this by visiting Appearance » Install Plugins inside the wp dashboard.
- Install and activate the Redux Framework plugin!
- Go to the Theme admin panel
- hit the “Save Changes” button to set default style settings:
- In Settings > Reading set the default setting,
- Adjust the “Blog pages show at most” number value to set a number of posts on the front page and in the archives.
- Whole post content may be visible on the homepage. In this case, use a standard, native ‘Read More’ block to “split” post content:
Post & Page Templates
Some of my themes include page/post templates – different layouts for your posts (No Sidebar Layout, Left Sidebar Layout, etc.). You can select these layouts for every post (or page) in the right column when you are writing a post:
The following message may be visible after theme activation:
There are listed recommended plugins. You can install them plugins in Appearance » Install Plugins too.
Important! It is possible that images are wrongly cropped and look ugly after the theme activation.
In this case, use the following plugin: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/regenerate-thumbnails/
You’ll be able to regenerate old images (from the previous theme) to a new, proper resolution.
Start the regeneration in Tools > Regenerate Thumbnails. This process can take a while and you cannot close the tab/window until regeneration is done.
Create own custom menus first! Please see following tutorial for more info about menus in WordPress.
Colored Menu Item (on the right)
- Toggle ‘Screen Options’ on the top of the menu screen:
- Enable ‘CSS Classes‘ and ‘Description‘ option:
- Toggle any menu item and type special word into ‘CSS Classes’ field
Menu Item Description
- Toggle any menu item and type some text word into ‘Description’ field (see previous steps if the field is not visible/enabled):
- 1. Before (or after) menu label add this piece of code:
<i class="fas XXX"></i>
- Enter full icon code – ‘fa’ or ‘fas’ class is required
- For XXX you can set any icon name. You can find all icon names on Font Awesome homepage
Install and activate the ‘One Click Demo Import’ plugin.
After that import full demo content easily in Appearance > Import Demo Data.
Get one of the most reliable VPS hosting now!
Starting at $10.00/mo